Monday, September 7, 2009

OK - here is the scoop. This is the third time that I have written this update. I just keep losing the connection. Also, the internet is sooooo slow that it will not allow me to upload pictures. That is the life in the boonies.

Don't faint but I have baked muffins since we have been here. Thanks, Tara C of SV Sumitra, for a great recipe. I also have apple crisp in the oven as I type - recipe compliments of a no name boat from Washington State. They are delightful people.

This afternoon we went for a dinghy ride. Discovered an island for sale. Any one of you can purchase it for a mere $1.6M. Leanne - you wanted a project. Here it is. All there is is the island and a ramp to the dock. It looks new so maybe it is a bargain!

We saw a huge sea lion - the only one. We have heard the orcas are on their way. We shall see as we head north.

Lots of boats from the marina tonight. Ron and I are the only Canadians and probably have the smallest boat. Do the math - they are 60 plus feet.

Tomorrow we will head out at daybreak for the Green Rapids and mosey on up to Whirlpool Rapids then on into Forward Harbour. I am hoping for find a Grand Banks there - named Sea Gypsey. I understand they know how to work a SSB. I am going to crash their boat and not leave until he teaches me everything he knows. Shhhh- he doesn't know that yet.

Time to say goodnight. Until the next update... stay safe1

1 comment:

  1. Hello Janice,
    It sounds as if you and Ron are having a wonderful time - I now need to
    get a detailed map so I can follow your progress around the island.
    Your photos are incredible and coupled with your daily entries would
    make a great book!!
    It is so heartwarming to have seen your plan come to fruition, one step
    at a time (and well planned) - from selling your house in Sidney, to now
    being on the ocean. Well done! Caroline

    ReplyDelete