Monday, September 7, 2009

Here it is, the morning of Sep 7. All is calm at Cordero Lodge. We have gone for a forest (also pronounced 'forced') hike this morning. I think Ron and Winston would have rather stay curled up in the dry and warm boat. I managed to drag them out after checking in with Barbara on the Single Side Band. Our connection with Barbara is hit and miss. Last night I could listen to people from Michigan. We keep saying we have radio problems but me thinks it is Janice knowing how to work the radio.

Tomorrow we will head north to Forward Harbour. The weather reports for Johnstone Strait and Queen Charlotte Strait do not sound favourable so we will just take out time in the calm and protected waters. We have also been monitoring the weather on the West Coast - it is crazy out there too. Our goal is to at least get to Bull Habour and it looks like coming down the West Coast might be saved for next year. The final decision still to be made.

We have a lot of fun using our navigation skills, checking each other's work. Planning around tides and currents. Dent Rapids has an area called Devil's Hole... it sounded extremely daunting but was totally uneventful. I guess that is why we did all the courses!

It is very peaceful up here. Even though it is drizzling outside I am enjoying sitting in the cockpit as I type. Winston is snoozing beside me and Ron is cooking brunch. Can it get any better?

I walked in the forest yesterday when we arrived at Cordero Lodge. It was so quiet, so lush and the only sound was a very loud and large Raven. I am sure he was talking to me and Winston. I have no doubt he reminding me that I was intruding.

Internet up here is intermittent. Funny how I can update this blog yet I cannot seem to send an email. My Crackberry doesn't find the signal but Cordero Lodge has very slow wireless. Thanks to them you are getting this update.

This afternoon we may go exploring in the dinghy and I also might put my nose in the manual (yet again) for the SSB radio.

TTFN (Ta Ta For Now)

No comments:

Post a Comment